Microdosing marijuana is one of the new techniques gaining steam in the world of medical marijuana, fueled by many patients’ demand for a way to utilize the medicinal benefits of THC while minimizing its psychoactive effects. Unique cannabis products, such as the Darwin Origin Series, are emerging as a simple, convenient way for patients to leap into microdosing. Products such as these are becoming increasingly popular as the use of medical marijuana becomes more widespread.
Microdosing refers to the practice of consuming small amounts of cannabis to regulate its psychoactive effects. It involves determining a perfectly-calibrated dose to relieve your symptoms while avoiding the traditional high, and is generally accomplished using distillate, properly-dosed edibles, and CBD products.
What are the benefits of microdosing weed?
One of the most obvious advantages of microdosing weed is that it opens up the health benefits of medical marijuana to patients that would prefer to avoid the mind-altering experiences that are traditionally associated with THC. It also has a handful of condition-specific benefits:
- For patients with anxiety and depression: Though medical marijuana is commonly recommended for the treatment of mild anxiety and depression, high levels of THC can often result in the opposite: diminished benefits and the induction of anxiety and paranoia. But, by microdosing weed for these conditions, you can eliminate these undesirable, counteractive side-effects.
- For patients with chronic pain:A 2012 studypublished in the Journal of Pain investigated the dose-response relationship in patients using a product called Nabiximols, (Sativex) a sublingual spray. Researchers discovered that pain relief may be far more effective when using low doses of cannabinoids compared to larger doses, which often had the opposite effect.
- For patients with PTSD:Low doses of cannabis have also been shownto provide impressive relief of PTSD symptoms, including nightmares, insomnia, and physical pain. Much like the treatment of anxiety and depression, microdosing weed for PTSD can help avoid the potential for creating additional and unwanted psychiatric symptoms.
What Is the best way to microdose cannabis?
There are a few different ways to microdose cannabis, so you can feel relatively comfortable finding something that works well for your lifestyle and personal preferences. One of the most important things to remember is to utilize high-quality, carefully-made products, like the ones created by Darwin. This will maximize health benefits and avoid unneeded ingredients.
- Microdosing weed using distillate cartridges:Distillate is a versatile option for microdosing, and when used in a vaporizer, allows you to take small draws, or ‘sips’ so you can manage your dosing in a very incremental way. Darwin’s Origin Series of vapes include triple-distilled cannabis oil for ultimate purity and confidence in dosing.
- Microdosing cannabis using edibles:The best edibles for microdosing are often small, easy-to-consume items that can contain low doses, like the Seriously Good Gummiesand Caramel Hard Candiescrafted by Darwin. Edibles in their Origin Series each contain 2 mg of THC and various doses of CBD, specifically crafted for the new consumer or for those looking to microdose.
- Microdosing weed with CBD:CBD products are ideal for microdosing because they can help to counter the mind-altering effects of THC and allow you to maximize the medicinal benefits you’re looking for. All Darwin Origin Series products contain CBD to help ensure patients receive the maximum benefits of microdosing while being able to consume with confidence.
If you’re interested in learning more about how microdosing can be an excellent treatment option for you, visit www.darwinbrands.com.