Whether you’re new to the world of medical marijuana or looking to branch out and try alternative methods of consumption, cannabis oil is a versatile product that provides impressive health benefits for many patients. In the early days of medical marijuana, the most common form of consumption was simply smoking the buds, later followed by edibles. Today, cannabis oil is earning well-deserved attention for its convenience, potency, and absolute purity. Like other forms of cannabis, it is important to understand how to find your personal cannabis oil dose.
What is cannabis oil?
Distillation is a process that has existed for centuries, credited for its ability to separate and purify mixtures. Applying it to cannabis in new ways has resulted in the production of incredibly pure, high-quality cannabis oils. The distillation process refines extracted cannabis material (concentrated oil) through a process that separates and further concentrates cannabinoids, the non-volatiles (impurities) and lighter volatiles (flavonoids and terpenoids).
When the process is completed, the cannabis oil distillate is carefully formulated and delivered to the patient in a cartridge, capsule or another container.
How much cannabis oil distillate do I take?
Dosing cannabis oil distillate is a highly individualized process, taking into consideration your symptoms and treatment goals.
Here are a few helpful tips for finding the correct cannabis oil dose and deciding how to utilize it:
- Consider what form will be most convenient for you. Distillate is found in various forms such as cartridges and capsules, and choosing your option depends on what you prefer. Cartridges are highly popular and can come as pure distillate, enhanced with terpenes, or flavored. When connected to the corresponding battery, it vaporizes the oil which you then inhale.
- Look for quality.Be sure to look for a high quality cannabis distillate oil, like Darwin’s triple-distilled, CO2-extractedcannabis oil for purity and precision. In addition, high-quality cartridges, like those found across Darwin’s Origin, Evolutionand VoyagerSeries, also use ceramic core or CCELL technology.
- Determine your CBD/THC ratio.Different ratios are preferred for different conditions, so you’ll need to do a bit of research to determine your ideal cannabinoid balance. This is one of the most important parts of how to find your ideal cannabis oil dose.
- Determine the effect you seek. There are a myriad of cannabis oil blends in the market which provide an array of effects. If you seek a relaxing experience, (similar to an indica), look for Darwin’s ‘Chillax + CBN’ blend. Should you want to be more mindful, choose Darwin’s ‘Engage + THCV’ blend.
- Start with low doses, spread out over the day.Instead of jumping right into a large dose, go slow with smaller doses that are spaced out. Darwin’s Origin Series of vape cartridges is a low-dose option specifically crafted for the new consumer or for microdosing
- Give it time.Use a specific dose and ratio for a few days to give your body time to adapt rather than getting impatient and experimenting with several doses all at once. Trusting the process and going slow will allow you to find your perfect cannabis oil dose.
To learn more about cannabis oil and finding your ideal cannabis oil dose, visit www.darwinbrands.com or ask about Darwin products in your local dispensary.
Microdosing marijuana is one of the new techniques gaining steam in the world of medical marijuana, fueled by many patients’ demand for a way to utilize the medicinal benefits of THC while minimizing its psychoactive effects. Unique cannabis products, such as the Darwin Origin Series, are emerging as a simple, convenient way for patients to leap into microdosing. Products such as these are becoming increasingly popular as the use of medical marijuana becomes more widespread.
Microdosing refers to the practice of consuming small amounts of cannabis to regulate its psychoactive effects. It involves determining a perfectly-calibrated dose to relieve your symptoms while avoiding the traditional high, and is generally accomplished using distillate, properly-dosed edibles, and CBD products.
What are the benefits of microdosing weed?
One of the most obvious advantages of microdosing weed is that it opens up the health benefits of medical marijuana to patients that would prefer to avoid the mind-altering experiences that are traditionally associated with THC. It also has a handful of condition-specific benefits:
- For patients with anxiety and depression: Though medical marijuana is commonly recommended for the treatment of mild anxiety and depression, high levels of THC can often result in the opposite: diminished benefits and the induction of anxiety and paranoia. But, by microdosing weed for these conditions, you can eliminate these undesirable, counteractive side-effects.
- For patients with chronic pain:A 2012 studypublished in the Journal of Pain investigated the dose-response relationship in patients using a product called Nabiximols, (Sativex) a sublingual spray. Researchers discovered that pain relief may be far more effective when using low doses of cannabinoids compared to larger doses, which often had the opposite effect.
- For patients with PTSD:Low doses of cannabis have also been shownto provide impressive relief of PTSD symptoms, including nightmares, insomnia, and physical pain. Much like the treatment of anxiety and depression, microdosing weed for PTSD can help avoid the potential for creating additional and unwanted psychiatric symptoms.
What Is the best way to microdose cannabis?
There are a few different ways to microdose cannabis, so you can feel relatively comfortable finding something that works well for your lifestyle and personal preferences. One of the most important things to remember is to utilize high-quality, carefully-made products, like the ones created by Darwin. This will maximize health benefits and avoid unneeded ingredients.
- Microdosing weed using distillate cartridges:Distillate is a versatile option for microdosing, and when used in a vaporizer, allows you to take small draws, or ‘sips’ so you can manage your dosing in a very incremental way. Darwin’s Origin Series of vapes include triple-distilled cannabis oil for ultimate purity and confidence in dosing.
- Microdosing cannabis using edibles:The best edibles for microdosing are often small, easy-to-consume items that can contain low doses, like the Seriously Good Gummiesand Caramel Hard Candiescrafted by Darwin. Edibles in their Origin Series each contain 2 mg of THC and various doses of CBD, specifically crafted for the new consumer or for those looking to microdose.
- Microdosing weed with CBD:CBD products are ideal for microdosing because they can help to counter the mind-altering effects of THC and allow you to maximize the medicinal benefits you’re looking for. All Darwin Origin Series products contain CBD to help ensure patients receive the maximum benefits of microdosing while being able to consume with confidence.
If you’re interested in learning more about how microdosing can be an excellent treatment option for you, visit www.darwinbrands.com.