Whether you’re new to the world of medical marijuana or looking to branch out and try alternative methods of consumption, cannabis oil is a versatile product that provides impressive health benefits for many patients. In the early days of medical marijuana, the most common form of consumption was simply smoking the buds, later followed by edibles. Today, cannabis oil is earning well-deserved attention for its convenience, potency, and absolute purity. Like other forms of cannabis, it is important to understand how to find your personal cannabis oil dose.
What is cannabis oil?
Distillation is a process that has existed for centuries, credited for its ability to separate and purify mixtures. Applying it to cannabis in new ways has resulted in the production of incredibly pure, high-quality cannabis oils. The distillation process refines extracted cannabis material (concentrated oil) through a process that separates and further concentrates cannabinoids, the non-volatiles (impurities) and lighter volatiles (flavonoids and terpenoids).
When the process is completed, the cannabis oil distillate is carefully formulated and delivered to the patient in a cartridge, capsule or another container.
How much cannabis oil distillate do I take?
Dosing cannabis oil distillate is a highly individualized process, taking into consideration your symptoms and treatment goals.
Here are a few helpful tips for finding the correct cannabis oil dose and deciding how to utilize it:
- Consider what form will be most convenient for you. Distillate is found in various forms such as cartridges and capsules, and choosing your option depends on what you prefer. Cartridges are highly popular and can come as pure distillate, enhanced with terpenes, or flavored. When connected to the corresponding battery, it vaporizes the oil which you then inhale.
- Look for quality.Be sure to look for a high quality cannabis distillate oil, like Darwin’s triple-distilled, CO2-extractedcannabis oil for purity and precision. In addition, high-quality cartridges, like those found across Darwin’s Origin, Evolutionand VoyagerSeries, also use ceramic core or CCELL technology.
- Determine your CBD/THC ratio.Different ratios are preferred for different conditions, so you’ll need to do a bit of research to determine your ideal cannabinoid balance. This is one of the most important parts of how to find your ideal cannabis oil dose.
- Determine the effect you seek. There are a myriad of cannabis oil blends in the market which provide an array of effects. If you seek a relaxing experience, (similar to an indica), look for Darwin’s ‘Chillax + CBN’ blend. Should you want to be more mindful, choose Darwin’s ‘Engage + THCV’ blend.
- Start with low doses, spread out over the day.Instead of jumping right into a large dose, go slow with smaller doses that are spaced out. Darwin’s Origin Series of vape cartridges is a low-dose option specifically crafted for the new consumer or for microdosing
- Give it time.Use a specific dose and ratio for a few days to give your body time to adapt rather than getting impatient and experimenting with several doses all at once. Trusting the process and going slow will allow you to find your perfect cannabis oil dose.
To learn more about cannabis oil and finding your ideal cannabis oil dose, visit www.darwinbrands.com or ask about Darwin products in your local dispensary.